The Harem: An Amazon.com Associate.
The Harem's Library
- Anything by Terry Pratchett - I love the Discworld...what more needs to
- Anything by David Eddings
- Anything by Anne McCaffrey - especially the Crystal Singer Trilogy (I
love the name Killashandra).
- The "MYTH" books by Robert Asprin...oh and also the Phules books
- Any of Clive Custlers "Dirk Pitt" novels - I also think Dirk should be
added to the LCF list too...there's something about him that is
irrisitable...As for the books, they're all adventure type books
finding lost treasure and stuff...but there's normally some historical
fiction involved too....all the books are worth a read..
- The Breaker - by some guy I can't remember. Tis a book based on the life
of Harry "Breaker" Morant, who with his co-accused, was the last
Australian to ever be court-martialed by a British Military Court. It
esentially boiled down to him being executed for killing the
enemy during the boar war...there is a film, but it's not as good as the
- Swords and Crowns and Rings -Ruth Park (I think)...Another Australian novel
- The Les Norton books by Robert Barrett (I think that's how it's spelt
will have to look it up)...Les is an australian larikin...there is a
fair bit of violence in these books, but they're still a good read.
- Anything By Olivia St Claire - these are non-fiction...but erm very
educational...hmmm really should go see if I can find that other book
of hers...*grins at Rilli*
- Letting Fly - Another Non-Fiction, tis the story of Australia's first
Female Commercial Pilot, and what she had to go through to be allowed to
fly...(She ended up taking one of the Airlines to the Anti
Discrimination Commission, and ended up having to go to the High
Court before they let her).
- Gone with the Wind
- The Dragon Lance series
- The Earthsea Trilogy by Ursula K. Le Guin
- The Finor Tapastry by Guy Gaveral Kay
- The Chrysalids by John
- Pride and Prejudice - I loved the BBC Mini series (saw it twice -
it was so popular over here that the ABC ran it again just weeks after
they'd originally showed it).
- I also like Shakespeare's MacBeth, and Hamlet.
- Poetry wise I'm partial to Henry Lawson, Banjo Patterson and Breaker
Morant (yes the same one as above)...I've liked other poet's and other
authors, but these are the ones that come to mind right atm...but then
mind you it is 4:45 am so my mind isn't great atm...is it ever...*laff*
© The Harem 1997.
21 April, 1998
Library originally compiled by
Pages updated and site maintained by Rillaith,